Sunday 2 September 2007

AS WELL AS WHAT ?

Daughter: "Hi Mama how are you" ?
Mama: "Fine thanks darling, How are you, what are you up to" ?
Daughter: "Just about to watch the Liverpool Match on the tele"
Mama: "Oh that`s nice, (thoughts wandering-feigning interest,
being a "True Blue" an`all, " shame on her for not being
an Evertonian.) "Who are they playing" ?
Daughter: They`re playing Toulouse.
Mama: "What" ?
Daughter: (raising voice) "I said they`re playing Toulouse".
Mama: (also raising voice and showing irritation at daughter`s
perceived rudeness)
"What`s the use in playing, if they`re playing to lose" ?
Daughter: (now shrieking with laughter) "I SAID TOULOUSE, you
know , the French Team" ! God Mama you going deaf as well" ?
Mama: Laughing also, (penny finally dropped and trying to regain parental dignity)" Oh
yes, arn`t I silly" ? "Well do enjoy it, I hope they win" (said through gritted teeth,
as well as being a true blue ,Mama Trubes is an ardent Franchophile !)
(Further thought)
"What does she mean, "Going deaf as well".... "As well as what" ?
Daughter: (still chortling) "Must go Mama, the game`s starting". "Love you" (kisses down
phone).
Mama: "Love you too darling".

8 comments:

Electro-Kevin said...

A place where I worked voluntarily had a manager called Mick(Industrial Therapy for mentally ill)

The factory dealt with packing. The consignment we were dealing with was Bombay mix. Jean, a fellow helper, was asked if she needed a lunch break, "No - I don't need one, I've been chewing mix all morning."

You have to say that one out loud to get the joke. Even the Down Syndrome chappy got the connotation.

Such fun with double meanings, eh ?

Trubes said...

Kevin: I meant to head the conversation as a "Phone Conversation" Oops! I see what you mean ! xxxxx

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Love it! Well done, true blue!

Trubes said...

welshcakes limoncello: Thanks for that! Have you had a look at Electro Kevin, Lilith (you`d love her new doggy " pig dog" and " The Mermaid from Moorgate? Fab and very funny bloggers !

The Hitch said...

blue
you left out my underpants
worthy of a blog in themselves

Newmania said...

Funny and sweet TB. I usually think of Touilouse as the Rugby team

Trubes said...

Newmania: Thankyou for your kind words xx

Trubes said...

Hitch: When it comes to your underpants ...... Words fail me..